Cardiopulmonary Exercise Test
Cardiopulmonary exercise test or CPET is an advanced, non-invasive clinical test that can be used for a variety of purposes:
- To assess maximum exercise capacity and the degree to which some patients are limited by their disease process
- To determine the cause of unexplained exercise limitation or breathlessness
- To determine a patient’s fitness to undergo a surgical procedure
- To follow disease progression over time or monitor the effects of therapy and make decisions about treatment plans
- To monitor the effects of training in highly conditioned athletes or guide decisions regarding training programs
CPET can evaluate the overall health of your heart, lung and circulatory system, and is the most accurate measure of your cardiorespiratory fitness.